If you’re looking for a cute spring craft for your kids to make today, why not create a bee that flies through the air? With just a few simple craft supplies and a few minutes of your time, your kids can make their own flying bee this afternoon. What better way to celebrate the beautiful spring weather than by making a fun craft you can hang outside? This adorable spring DIY windsock is so much fun to make and even more fun to watch as it dances in the breeze.
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Yellow construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Yellow pipe cleaner
- Yellow streamers
- Cut the yellow construction paper to fit around the toilet paper roll and glue it in place.
- Cut three strips of black construction paper and wrap them around the tube. Secure them in place with glue.
- Glue the googly eyes on the front of the toilet paper tube.
- Cut the yellow pipe cleaner in half. Bend one piece in half and twist the ends to form antennae. Glue the antennae in place inside the top of the tube. Attach the other half of the pipe cleaner to the inside of the tube to serve as a hanger for the windsock.
- Cut a pair of wings out of the yellow construction paper and glue them to the back of the bee.
- Cut even strips of streamers and glue each strip to the bottom inside of the tube.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Green Heritage, 2-Ply Toilet Paper, 500 Sheets per Roll, 6 Rolls
SunWorks Heavyweight Construction Paper, 9 x 12 Inches, Black, 100 Sheets
DECORA 500 Pieces 6mm -12mm Black Wiggle Googly Eyes with Self-Adhesive
Darice 10166-20 Chenille Stems Yellow 6Mmx12In 100Pc Bx, 100 Piece (6mm x 12in), Count
Yellow Sunshine Solid Crepe Streamer | Party Decor
Westcott 8" Titanium Bonded Scissors, 2 Scissors
AmazonBasics Purple Washable School Glue Sticks, Dries Clear, 0.21 oz Stick, 4-Pack