Have you notice that the clothes in your dresser drawers quickly lose their freshness? Do the towels in your linen closet smell musty? Keeping your fabrics smelling fresh is essential to a clean home. And while you may think that using commercial fabric fresheners or chemical filled mothballs is the only way to keep your fabrics fresh, there really is a better way! Using rice and a few simple craft supplies, you can create your own essential oil sachets that will keep all the soft surfaces in your home smelling fresh without the need for harsh chemicals.
- Scrap fabric
- Essential oil
- Ribbon or twine
- Cut the fabric into a 4x4-inch square.
- Place three to four tablespoons of rice on the center of the fabric.
- Add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil or essential oil blend.
- Gather the fabric together at the corners and tie a ribbon or piece of twine around the center of the gathering to secure.
- When the scent of the essential oil begins to fade, simply untie the sachet at the top, add more oil, and retie the ribbon.