Wearing a mask when you head outside is the new norm. But if you don’t have any masks at home, don’t worry! You can easily make your own no sew mask in just a few minutes. And all you need are three simple supplies to put this easy DIY project together – a bandana, rubber bands, and a coffee filter. With a few folds, you can quickly transform a plain bandana into a face mask that will help keep you and your family safe when you venture out.
- 2 rubber bands
- Coffee filter (optional)
- Lay the bandana on a flat surface.
- Fold the top and bottom in toward the center of the bandana, making sure both sides are evenly folded.
- Fold the top and bottom in toward the center one more time.
- Place one rubber band on each end of the folded bandana, pulling the rubber bands in toward the center around four inches from the edge of the bandana.
- If using a coffee filter for extra protection, fold the coffee filter in half. Place the folded coffee filter inside the center of the bandana, between the two rubber bands.
- Fold one end of the bandana over the rubber band, tucking the ends inside the center fold.
- Fold the other end of the bandana over the rubber band, tucking the ends in.
- To wear the mask, simply loop the rubber bands over each ear and adjust the mask to cover your nose and mouth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.