It’s the holiday season, which means time for family get-togethers, office parties, and of course, a spinach artichoke dip recipe. But instead of standing around with a plate in one hand and a fork in another, you can also use your spinach artichoke to make something that’s a little more fun.
Our spinach artichoke Christmas tree makes it easy to serve spinach artichoke at your next party that will be the talk of the party. Plus, this spinach artichoke Christmas tree is incredibly easy to make!
What are the benefits of spinach?
There are many benefits to eating spinach, which include:
- Spinach is a great source of calcium, vitamin A, and iron
- Spinach can be used as a base for dips or as an ingredient in many recipes
- Spinach is a healthy green vegetable that tastes delicious!
Can you make this spinach artichoke dip without cream cheese?
Yes! You could substitute greek yogurt if you would like to make it a little healthier. Or, I like to use reduced-fat cream cheese, also called Neufchatel.
Other great recipes to try:
How to make a Spinach Dip Christmas Tree
Make it Your Own
Add flavor by adding fresh, dry, or ground Parmesan cheese along with sauteed onions and pepperoni Christmas ornaments at the end. Other spices and herbs that would contribute to the flavor of this dish well are thyme, oregano, dill, smoked paprika and rosemary. Making both your pizza dough and spinach and artichoke dip from scratch can be a fun sensory experience.
Ingredients needed for Artichoke Spinach Dip Christmas Tree
You will need a couple of pantry staples as well as a few other ingredients:
- Puff Pastry – Make sure to thaw your puff pastry – I do this overnight in the refrigerator.
- Frozen Spinach – Also thaw this out
- Quartered Artichoke Hearts – These can be found in the canned vegetable aisle.
- Cream Cheese – Bring your cream cheese to room temperature before making this recipe.
- Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese
- An Egg
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
How to prepare your spinach dip Christmas tree
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This will help create the perfect browned food every time!
Chop and drain your artichoke hearts into a medium-sized bowl.
To your medium-size bowl, add spinach, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan to mix well. Then add cream cheeses along with garlic powder salt pepper until it’s all combined together in one gooey mixture!
It’s time to get creative with your puff pastry! Place it on the baking sheet and cut out a Christmas tree shape using the pizza cutter. Save the 2 sides to cover up.
Cover your biggest triangle with your dip mixture, make sure everything is spread out evenly.
Then use the two half triangles to cover your dip, pinch the middle together, and you might have to stretch the dough a little bit, to make sure all parts are covered.
Using your pizza cutter, start cutting strips towards the middle, making sure to leave the middle part uncut. Then twist each strips 1 to 2 times.
In a small bowl, beat your egg and brush your egg wash over your Christmas tree, making sure all parts are covered.
Place in the oven and cook for 22-24 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy your delicious masterpiece!
Printable Spinach Artichoke Christmas Tree Instructions
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry (Thawed)
- 8 oz. Frozen Spinach (Thawed)
- 1 Can of Quartered Artichoke Hearts (13.75 oz.)
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt (To Taste)
- Pepper (To Taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- To the medium-sized bowl, add the spinach, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Make sure to mix the ingredients well.
- Place the puff pastry on the baking sheet and roll out with a rolling pin. Use a pizza cutter to cut your Christmas tree-shaped triangle. Save the two sides to cover up.
- Cover the biggest triangle with the dip mixture, making sure everything is spread out evenly.
- Use the two half triangles to cover the dip, pinch the middle together, and make sure it is all covered.
- Using the pizza cutter, start cutting strips towards the middle, making sure to leave the middle part uncut. Then twist each strip 1 to 2 times.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and brush the egg wash over your Christmas tree, making sure all parts are covered.
- Place in the oven and cook for 22-24 minutes, or until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
This Christmas tree dip is great for any holiday get-together that you have going on this holiday season! Make sure to share a photo on Instagram and tag me @courtney_pies!