Check out these easy and delicious butterfly cupcakes. The perfect spring cupcake to serve up for an after-school treat, birthday party, or any other occasion!
I don’t know about you, but I am SO glad that spring is right around the corner (in case you don’t have a countdown going – Spring starts March 20th)! With all the snow and ice that we have had this winter, I am ready for it to be behind us!
Mother Nature teased us earlier this week with two days of absolutely beautiful weather in the high 50s… and then she took that away with snow flurries and temperatures down to 15!
With the warmer weather, we had earlier this week, that made me want some fun, brightly colored or decorated food. So here are these beautiful butterfly cupcakes!
Craving More Spring Cupcakes?
These would be great for a birthday party, any other kind of party, or just something fun to do with kids! Kids would definitely have fun putting the “butterflies” on! I hope you enjoy these! Consider these for birthday cupcakes for your next party theme. Or count these as a fun spring cupcake to get your kids excited for spring!
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Container of White Whipped Icing
- Easter Candy Coated Pretzels (Purchased at Dollar General)
- Black Jelly Beans
- Round Colored Candy of Your Choosing (These Yellow Candy Balls Were Purchased At Michael’s)
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to the temperature listed on the cake mix box.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box and cook as cupcakes.
- In a bowl, combine the container of icing with a few drops of green food coloring, if desired, and stir well. If you want to leave your icing white, you can skip this step.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Ice the cupcakes with the green icing.
- Place a row of round colored candies down the middle of the cupcakes to form the butterfly’s body. This is usually 4-5 candies.
- Place a black jellybean, turned sideways, at one end of the row of round circle candies, to form the butterfly’s head.
- Press two candy-coated pretzels into the cupcake with the bottom of the pretzel pointing down. One pretzel will go in on either side of the butterfly’s body to form it’s wings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy cupcake decorating is needed for these adorable and simple butterfly cupcakes. You don’t need a special occasion to make delicious cupcakes!